Visitor Safety & Accident Prevention Resources for Healthcare
When it comes to providing quality healthcare, LHA Trust Funds is your trusted source for patient, personnel and visitor safety. Although accidents will happen, we believe prevention is the best plan of action for any facility. By priming your staff with the appropriate knowledge, training and protocols, you can ensure your facility is safe for everyone.
The most common hospital accidents involving visitors are slips, trips and falls. Unsafe or poorly maintained walkways, entries and exits within a hospital remain large factors contributing to this and raise many liability issues against facilities. To combat this frequently problematic area, our team of risk management and claims consultants has compiled a list of resources to help your team promote safety for all visitors.
Visitor Safety Resources
- Ultimate Mats Blog – Preventing Slips and Falls in Healthcare Settings
- OSHA – Hospital eTool: Slips, Trips and Falls
- Sanitary Maintenance – Slip and Fall Accidents More Prevalent in Healthcare Facilities
- Sanitary Maintenance – Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls With Matting
- Saintary Maintenance – Test Floors to Meet Slip and Fall Safety Standards
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) – Slips and Trips: The Importance of Floor Cleaning
- Slip, Trip and Fall Prevention: Flooring Checklist
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety – Parking Lot Fall Prevention
- U.S. Department of Energy – Parking Garage Lighting Checklist
- Parking Lot Safety/Security Checklist