- This event has passed.
Webinar: ECRI Institute Top 10 Safety Concerns for 2018
May 9 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Each year, the ECRI Institute creates an annual list of Top 10 patient safety concerns to support healthcare organizations in their efforts to proactively identify threats to patient safety and work on improving patient safety by addressing the identified concerns. The organization provides the list, perspectives from experts, and advice on best practices to address these issues.
The list is synthesized from varied sources:
- Routine review of events in the ECRI Institute PSO database
- PSO members’ root-cause analyses and research requests
- A survey of Healthcare Risk Control (HRC) members regarding their top patient safety concerns
- Topics reflected in weekly HRC Alerts
- Voting by a panel of experts from inside and outside ECRI Institute
Most organizations already know what their high-frequency, high-severity challenges are. Rather, this list identifies concerns that might be high priorities for other reasons, such as new risks, existing concerns that are changing because of new technology or care delivery models, and persistent issues that need focused attention or pose new opportunities for intervention.
Participants in this webinar will:
- Describe how to use the Top 10 List to conduct patient safety discussions and information gathering and setting priorities
- Describe how one organization determined if they face similar issues that should be targeted for improvement
- Receive information to develop strategies to address concerns
|Listen to the full webinar here.|
This program has been approved for:
Nursing: 1.0 nursing contact hour will be awarded by the Louisiana Hospital Association for complete attendance of the live program. The Louisiana Hospital Association is approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing – CE Provider #39
Barbara G. Rebold, BSN, RN, MS, CPHQ
Ms. Rebold has worked with ECRI Institute since 2005. She is currently the Director of Engagement and Improvement working on the suite of Patient Safety, Risk and Quality services.
Ms. Rebold has over 30 years’ experience in all areas of quality management, utilization management, disease management, patient safety, service improvement, and medical management in both hospitals and managed care. Ms. Rebold is a nurse with clinical experience in critical care and step-down.
Ms. Rebold serves as President of the Pennsylvania Association for Healthcare Quality, on the Board of Directors of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Association for Healthcare Quality, has served as the co-lead for the Patient Safety work group developing the HQ Essentials, an evaluator for the Journal for Healthcare Quality, a member of the NAHQ Healthcare Reform Task Force, a member of the DOTmed Healthcare Business News Editorial Board and a member of the NAHQ Annual Conference Planning Team.