Distracted driving is emerging as a major cause of work-related vehicle accidents When these accidents occur, in addition to vehicle repair costs, liability falls upon the employer for workers’ compensation benefits and potential damages to third parties. Additionally, drivers may be subject to fines by regulatory agencies.
Safety National’s Distracted Driving Course
This course is designed to help reduce these risks through online simulation that addresses distracted driving awareness and safe driving techniques. This educational course provides targeted, immediate and convenient training for fleet drivers, covering important topics like:
- the negative effects of looking away from the road for more than two seconds
- strategies for eliminating controllable distractions
- how to make necessary adjustments for distractions that the driver cannot control
- Course is conveniently accessible through an Internet connection to a hosted site
- Content is geared toward all fleet drivers, despite vehicle type
- Course can be completed in less than 30 minutes and can be bookmarked if user does not have enough time to complete in one sitting
- Program is designed to be a stand-alone lesson, with minimal instructor participation
- User tracking and reports are provided through a Learning Management System
- Course format and interactive graphics were developed by professional instructional system designers and follow SCORM technical standards for e-learning software products.
To gain access for your employees, contact Jesse Eusay at 225.368.3840 or via email here.